Pandora Alarm or Ghost Immobiliser? - The Best Vehicle Security Systems 2022
Is the safety of your vehicle important to you? Are you considering installing security devices in your car or van, to deter thieves from stealing them?
Well, you have come to the right place. We will outline everything you need to know about the ‘Pandora Alarm or Ghost Immobiliser’ debate, so you can decide which is the right security device for you.
It is hugely important to protect your vehicles from keyless car theft (known as relay theft). These days, criminals are becoming increasingly advanced with their technology.
Working in pairs, they can steal a car easily and quietly in as little as 60 seconds, by using an amplifier to copy the signal of the car and send this to a transmitter. This manipulates the car into thinking that the real key is nearby, allowing the criminals to open the car and drive it away.
What can I do to protect my car from keyless car theft?
At Car Specialist Customs, we sell some of the most comprehensive security systems available on the market, including Pandora Alarms or Ghost Immobilisers.
What is a Pandora Alarm?
A Pandora Alarm is a security system which protects your car from wheel jacking, towing, tampering and hijacking. Pandora is renowned for being one of the world’s most advanced and experienced car alarm manufacturers.
The Pandora alarm is fitted with the strongest immobilization possible; it comes with a minimum of two immobilisers, which are electronic devices that stop the car from starting without the correct key or fob.
If a thief tries to steal the car by using the wrong key or fob, it activates the immobiliser, which tells the engine not to start. Even if the Pandora alarm is somehow removed, your vehicle will remain immobile.
According to Pandora engineers, it will be almost 20 years before the technology exists which can crack the encryption of this alarm.
Read our blog article on ‘what is a Pandora Alarm’ to find out more information.
Why should I buy a Pandora Alarm for my vehicle?
Pandora offers every feature possible for ultimate protection.
Tiny and discrete, there is no easy way to get around the Pandora alarm. It uses 128bit encryption, meaning it prevents code-grabbing or relay boosting.
Pandora alarms are not just about security. From any of your handheld devices, you can change your car’s settings, adjust sensors or view status information such as battery voltage.
No matter where you are in the world, you can use your Pandora alarm to control your vehicle – in case you need to arm or disarm it, immobilize it or remote start it.
Your Pandora alarm will also notify you with texts, calls and alarm alerts straight to your mobile, as soon as an event happens.
Additionally, the Pandora alarm helps you stay connected to your car:
- The Pandora alarm can be synced to your iOS and Android phones, tablets and smartwatches via the Pandora app.
- The Pandora alarm is the only premium system with 4G Connectivity and Bluetooth 5.0
- The Pandora alarm offers increased range, data transfer speeds, reliability and control.
Where can I buy a Pandora Alarm?
Here at Car Specialist Customs, we sell a variety of Pandora alarms priced between £499.99 and £1,350, which you can browse on our website here.
Does having a Pandora Alarm reduce the cost of car insurance?
Yes, if you have a Thatcham-approved Pandora alarm, you may be eligible for a discount on your car insurance. If your car already has a Thatcham alarm system fitted, then your insurance company would be unlikely to offer an additional discount. To learn more about Pandora Alarms Thatcham certification make sure to check out our recent blog “Are Pandora Alarms Thatcham Approved?“.
What is a Ghost Immobiliser?
A Ghost immobiliser is a revolutionary product to help keep your car safe. It is a tiny, subtle device which offers your car protection from keyless entry, key cloning, hacking and key theft.
It works by preventing your car engine from starting unless a unique PIN code is entered. Only those who know the combination of the PIN code can start the car.
Even if a criminal has stolen your keys, they still will not be able to drive your car away, as they will never know your unique PIN code.
Ghost immobilisers are invisible and extremely hard to detect. In fact, only the installer of your Ghost immobiliser will know the exact location of the device!
Read our blog article on ‘what is a Ghost Immobiliser’ here to find out more information.
Why should I buy a Ghost Immobiliser for my vehicle?
- The Ghost immobiliser is one of the most reliable and secure security devices internationally.
- It enables a safe start-up of your car.
- You can disarm the immobiliser using a mobile app which is available on iOS and Android, which will save you time and stress.
- The Ghost immobiliser does not use radio signals. So, a thief will not be able to find the device by using Radio Frequency scanning (the method they use to steal vehicles).
- The device is silent, so there is no way a thief could listen for any sounds of a traditional immobiliser relay.
- A thief cannot bypass the immobiliser to start the vehicle.
- The immobiliser can be fitted to almost all vehicles. Contact our expert installers to find out more about vehicle compatibility.
- Installing the immobiliser takes about 2 hours, and we will give you a full demonstration of how to use it correctly, which will only take 15-20 minutes.
- The immobiliser is also the perfect solution if you run a business that provides access to vehicles, but you don’t want someone to run off with a car on the weekend without your permission.
Where can I buy a Ghost Immobiliser?
The Ghost immobiliser is supplied and fitted for only £450. This is a set price for all make and models of the ghost covers.
To browse our Ghost Immobiliser installation service and pricing, visit our website here.
Does having a Ghost Immobiliser reduce the cost of car insurance?
You may be entitled to a discount on your car insurance if you have a Ghost Immobiliser installed.
Talk to your insurance company to see if your device is insurance-approved.
Which is better, Pandora Alarm or Ghost Immobiliser?
- Both security devices provide excellent protection for your vehicle. So, there is no right or wrong answer to the quesiton of which device is better.
- However, many Pandora alarms boast more features than a Ghost immobiliser, such as tilt sensors, motion sensirs, internal sensors and loud battery backup sirens, which blare if the car is tampered with.
- Pandora alarms already come with a minimum of 2 immobilisers, which protect the vehicle from being hijacked.
- The Ghost Immobiliser is better if you want a unique PIN code to be the only way to start your car engine.
How can I keep my vehicle safe from criminals?
- Invest in a Pandora Alarm or Ghost Immobiliser to keep your vehicle secure.
- Consider tinting your car windows, which offers you privacy and security.
- Install a vehicle tracker in your car, so you can monitor its location at all times, and if it gets stolen.
- Never leave your vehicle unlocked, or unattended, even for a few minutes. This is especially important if you leave your car turned on in the mornings in order to defrost the windows.
- Always double-check that your vehicle windows, doors and sunroof are closed and locked.
- Never leave your car keys hanging on a hook next to your front door. A thief can easily use a wire or cane to steal your keys through the letterbox.
- Store your car keys in a safe and secure place that is out of plain sight.
- Consider investing in a Faraday pouch which blocks a key’s signals and protects your car keys from being copied or cloned.
- Buy a lock for your steering wheel.
- Never leave valuables inside your vehicle, even in your car boot.
- Be vigilant when entering and exiting your vehicle.
- When it is dark, try to park near streetlights or in residential areas, where suspicious behaviour is likely to be noticed.
- Install CCTV cameras in your driveway, garden, or garage.
- Use anti-tamper or security screws on your number plate, to deter thieves from stealing them.
- Report any suspicious activity if you see it.
- Don’t just assume that your vehicle is safe just because it is old or not valuable. Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) are often targeted for diesel theft.
Whichever security device you choose, you will be afforded the optimal level of security, so you can feel peace of mind that your vehicle is safe and secure.
We hope that you are now more informed on the ‘Pandora Alarm or Ghost Immobiliser debate.
Find out more about Car Specialist Customs by visiting our website here.
Read more articles on our blog here.