At Car Specialist Customs, we are proud to offer a wide variety of options when it comes to making your car a unique expression of who you are. We are excited to share with you the option of our starlight.
The UK automotive aftermarket industry is thriving, ranking fourth in Europe and ninth in the world in terms of size, and turning over an annual £21.1 billion.
The sector supports 345,600 jobs and contributes £12.2 billion each year to the economy. And it is growing: the sector’s value is set to rise to £28 billion by 2022.
starlights are the latest in a long line of aftermarket customisation, and one of the most intricate and unique options you can choose.
In this blog, we will be exploring the question ‘How to install starlights in a car?’
First up, let’s gain an understanding of what starlights are.
What are Starlight headliners?
The starlights offered by Car Specialist Customs offer the unique factor of NOT being from LED lights, instead, they are made from fibre optic lights. These are lights that are refracted through fibre optic cables.
Are starlights legal?
Our Starlights are completely legal, as they do not cause an obstruction, they are placed above your head on the interior roof, completely out of your field of vision.
What colours do starlights have?
The true level of customisation for our starlights is massive, available in a wide range of colours with up to 500+ different options! You can choose white, several base colours or different variations.
Additionally, you can even also control how the lights twinkle, or if they stay on. The car starlight headliner can be optimised to twinkle at its own rate.
To add an extra layer of personability to your starlights, you can download an additional app to control the rate of twinkling to a level that you see fit. The starlights are controlled wirelessly through Bluetooth.
Which cars can have star lights?
As you can imagine, these cars come at a premium price. With the ‘cheapest’ model setting you back over a quarter of a million pounds to buy outright, the added option of the starlight roof will add a pretty penny on top of that.
But what if we were to tell you, you could have the starlight roof on almost any car, with the option of changing the colour, strobing speed and positioning?
Well, we at Car Specialist Customs, can offer that very service, at a fraction of the price. Read on to find out.
How to install Star Lights in a car
- The process starts by disconnecting all dome, map lights and other trim pieces and removing the vehicle’s headliner.
- Hundreds of small holes then need to be drilled or pinned in the top of the headliner mould, to fit the fibre optic lights, which are individually carefully placed just above the headliner fabric.
- These lights are then attached by adhesive and then stranded together to be run to the location of the Light Source, typically in the trunk, rear seats, or under the vehicle’s dash, wherever you choose.
- The process can take many hours, depending on the number of lights you’re installing.
Can any car have a star light installed on it?
Convertible top cars, whether soft or hard hood, are not able to have starlights installed, due to the retracting and folding of the roof will potentially damage the wiring and lights. The same applies to sun-roof windows
However, cars with sunroofs are able to have starlights installed. Our expert technicians can install starlights to your desired specification. As long as your roof is not convertible, it can be done.
For complete peace of mind, there is a lifetime warranty. So if one or more of your lights burn out, we can replace them for you under warranty, or if anything else should happen.
Our car roof starlight technicians know how to dismantle and remove the roof lining to install the lights, then reinstall it back in place perfectly. We are experienced in working on a wide range of different vehicles from different manufacturers.
Car Specialist Customs additional services
Unfortunately, having a unique and eye-catching car can sometimes bring unwanted attention from people who may want to take it for themselves. And with the methods of car theft becoming more and more intricate, your car’s security could be compromised.
When it comes to knowing which car tracker to buy, it is best to know your budget and what your specific needs are, here are 5 car trackers that you can buy today.
- ScorpionTrack S7 VTS – An affordable car tracker which houses features such as journey tracking, geo fencing and driver behavioural analysis. Interaction is facilitated through the use of a free app, providing 24/7 coverage 365 days a year. Click here to view the full specifications.
- Meta Trak Shield – A car tracker that offers the option to also have an immobiliser, this tracker has European coverage as standard, including real time tracking, tampering alerts and even towing alerts. To view the full specifications, click here.
- SmarTrack S5+ iMob – Featuring a no tag, no start function in which the car is immobilised until the correct tag is used, this tracker takes your security even further whilst including the standard GPS tracking features. Check the full list of specifications here.
- SmarTrack S5 D-iD – With the standard features available, this model of car tracker from SmarTrack offers a very user-friendly accessibility by having the user’s smartphone act as the ID Tag in order to start the vehicle. The full list of its specifications can be found here.
- MetaTrak Pulsar – This unique tracker requires no hardwiring and is fully wireless. With programmable ‘awake times’ this tracker is long lasting and efficient, see the full list of features and specs here.
Get your starlights installed today
As a fully insured and approved installer, catering to the needs of vehicle owners of Greater Manchester and beyond, we are proud to let you know that we offer services for the following:
Featuring the brands, Pandora, ScorpionTrak, Meta Trak & SmarTrack, we’ve included affordable, and premium products to suit the needs of our customers. With finance options available, and the option of installation, head to our website to get your quote!
We always will go above expectations to make your car feel special to you. With even more services and options becoming available in the future, Car Specialist Customs is the home of making any car unique, secure and special.
See what we can do for you today, we hope our starlight service has helped you decide to take a step forward in personalising your vehicle with our unique service.
We hope to have answered the question ‘How to install star lights in a car?’ whilst providing supplementary information that can help you make an informed choice when it comes to investing in the best security system for your vehicle.
Want to get in touch? You can find us here:
Monday – Wednesday – 10 AM – 7 PM
Thursday – Closed
Friday – Sunday – 11 AM – 7 PM
07523 971347 (Mon – Fri: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm)