So you’re interested in getting some additional security in your vehicle, and you’ve decided to go for the Ghost Immobiliser, so what’s the next step after buying it? Installation of course! But how exactly is it done? Is it simple?
In this blog, we will answer the question ‘How to install Ghost Immobiliser?”
Car Specialist Customs offers high-quality services to personalise and protect your vehicles. As a team with years of experience in car customisation, we guarantee our attentiveness and superior expertise are precisely what your car needs.
In this blog, we will be answering the question ‘Can I install a car alarm myself?” Whilst providing all the information you need on popular after-market security systems we offer which can guarantee the best levels of security available.
What is a Ghost Immobilliser? How does it work?
The Ghost Immobiliser is an aftermarket security system for your vehicle.
The Ghost Immobiliser works by preventing your engine to start unless certain buttons within your car are pressed in a specific sequence, this can be from the steering wheel, the door panel or the central console. This sequence is set by the user & can be changed if needed.
The device is installed in such a way that it can not be seen, so you have the added benefit of stealth which can prevent anyone from trying to tamper with it. The device only takes seconds to use, yet can save you countless hours of looking for your vehicle if it is ever attempted to be stolen.
Additional features of the Ghost Immobiliser:
- Undetectable by thieves using diagnostics: The Ghost Immobiliser has no circuit cuts, meaning it cannot be detected by modern methods employed by a thief.
- No radio frequencies: Thieves cannot use sophisticated RF scanning or code-grabbing technology to detect what security device your vehicle has when it does not transmit any signals like conventional security systems.
- No more key cloning: Due to the personalised PIN you can create with the Ghost Immobiliser, if thieves have cloned keys to your vehicle, it will be impossible for them to start it because they won’t know your PIN code.
- Tested for each vehicle: Due to the nature of the data bus communication the Ghost Immobiliser has been adapted and tested for every vehicle we list as compatible, click this link to see our list of compatible vehicles.
- PIN Reset: On the occasion, your pin is forgotten, your car is sold, or a button in your PIN sequence is broken, there is a secure, reset code for each immobiliser. There is also an option to change your pin, whenever you feel like it.
are ghost immobilisers better than a car alarm?
Yes. This is because not only will the ghost immobiliser alert you, but it will prevent the thief from moving the car at all.
How to install Ghost Immobiliser
Installing a Ghost Immobiliser is very tricky, especially for someone who has no experience installing car alarms, the reason for this is due to the fact you have to hide your Ghost Immobiliser in your vehicle, which would mean removing another piece of your vehicle’s interior to find a suitable spot to install.
Additionally, Ghost Immobilisers are connected to your vehicle’s electrics, which means any mistake you make could compromise the rest of your car’s’ electrical circuits and functionality.
We do not recommend this for anybody who has no experience in installing these systems.
Although you have the option of installing your Ghost Immobiliser system yourself, you can get in contact with our team for a professional installation.
Here are the crucial reasons why you should get an installation from us.
- As it is a discreet device, having us install it in the appropriate place of our choosing will make it undetectable by you and subsequently any potential thieves. (unless you want to know the location.)
- As trusted and professional installers, we guarantee we will install the device efficiently, not damaging your vehicle or tampering with anything beyond what needs to be altered.
- We rigorously test our installations so you will have no problems dealing with them in the future.
- Getting it installed by us allows you to ask any questions directly to our team who have years of installation and usage expertise aftermarket security systems..
- If you have never installed anything manually into your car before you could be doing damage to your vehicle’s systems unintentionally, which could cost a lot of time and money to repair.
How much is a Ghost Immobiliser?
A ghost immobiliser costs around £500, installation/ further work needed for the installation may affect the price, however once you can find out by getting a quote from us, and getting in touch.
What do thieves use to break into cars?
As technology develops, there may very well be more methods of disabling a car alarm, but here are three that are generally used.
Keyless entry manipulation
Cars with keyless entry are sometimes victims of thieves who employ technology that manipulates the signal of your key in order to enter your vehicle. This can be used even if you are inside your home. A Faraday box/pouch can block these signals.
Some thieves opt for the traditional route of breaking into your vehicle and disabling the wiring needed for the alarm to work. This means they have a deeper knowledge of your vehicle to do this in the first place. In instances like this, parking in a well-lit, secure area or around CCTV will hopefully be enough of a deterrent.
Key Cloning is a sophisticated process in which your key is duplicated in order to bypass the vehicle’s security system & locks etc. There are ways you can prevent this such as not letting people drive your vehicle without you around, or giving your keys to others generally.
Purchase and install a ghost immobiliser today
As a fully insured and approved installer, catering to the needs of vehicle owners of Greater Manchester and beyond, we are proud to let you know that we offer services for the following:
Featuring the brands, Pandora, ScorpionTrak, Meta Trak & SmarTrack, we’ve included the affordable, and premium products to suit the needs of our customers. With finance options available, and the option of installation, head to our website to get your quote!
We always will go above expectations to make your car feel special to you. With even more services and options becoming available in the future, Car Specialist Customs is the home of making any car unique, secure and special.
We hope to have answered the question ‘How to install ghost immobiliser?’ whilst providing supplementary information that can help you make an informed choice when it comes to investing in the best security system for your vehicle.
See what we can do for you today we hope our Pandora Alarm cost list helped you decide to make the right step in the security of your vehicle, head over to our website for a free, no-obligation quote for your Pandora Alarm fitting.
Want to get in touch? You can find us here:
Monday – Wednesday – 10 AM – 7 PM
Thursday – Closed
Friday – Sunday – 11 AM – 7 PM
07523 971347 (Mon – Fri: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm)