Window tinting is a great option for anyone looking to add another layer of character, and a level of security and privacy to their vehicle.
In this blog, we will be answering the question ‘How much does window tinting cost?’ This is vital for anyone considering this customization option, knowing your options can help you make an informed choice on what to get for your vehicle.
At Car Specialist Customs, we are proud to offer a wide variety of options when it comes to making your car a unique expression of who you are. We are excited to share with you the option of window tinting.
The UK automotive aftermarket industry is thriving, ranking fourth in Europe and ninth in the world in terms of size, and turning over an annual £21.1 billion.
The sector supports 345,600 jobs and contributes £12.2 billion each year to the economy. And it is growing: the sector’s value is set to rise to £28 billion by 2022.
What is window tinting?
Window tinting is the process of applying a specialised film over the glass of your windscreens/windows. This results in less distraction by sunlight, UV rays, and slight protection in instances where your window is smashed, as the film is known to prevent the glass from shattering over you once smashed.
What is VLT?
The window tint spectrum comes in percentages, which refers to visible light transmission (VLT). VLT is the amount of light that passes through your window. So, if you choose a 15% tint, this means that 15% of visible light can get through.
As a result, the remaining 85% of light won’t pass.
Car Specialist Customs, alongside being a qualified team of car customisers also have a range of tinting options for you to consider, with our options ranging from 70% to 5%. This is done in accordance with the legal parameters set out by the UK government.
It must also be noted that whilst it isn’t illegal to sell a darker film for window tinting purposes, it is illegal to put it on certain parts of your vehicle. Which may result in you being stopped by the police. This can result in points, and/or removal of the tinting before driving again.
How long do window tints last?
Window tints can last anywhere between one to ten years, and is dependent on a few factors.
- The brand and type of tinting that is used
- The level and diligence given during the application process
- Not tampering with the tint once applied
- Allowing the tint to fully dry before moving the windows.
- Avoiding accident
Is it better to apply window tints yourself?
Although it may be a more cost-effective option, it isn’t advisable to apply window tints yourself if you have no experience, as you can easily end up applying it incorrectly and as a result having to pay for more tinting to re-try it.
Additionally, you won’t have any guidance on which tinting is legal for your vehicle, so even if you do apply it properly, you may end up being forced to remove it.
How much does window tinting cost?
Window tinting is generally above or below £100. At Car Specialist Customs, our prices range from £50 – £250. However, there are a few factors that actually determine how much you pay for your tinting, these are:
- How many windows do you choose to tint
- The style and shade of the tint
- Any supplementary work that needs to be done to ensure the tint is applied
Other providers of tints may offer competitive rates but do not offer the same level of care, quality and time that we provide with each of our customisation services.
What type of tints are available?
The film inside window tints can be made of different materials: you can get ceramic film, metallised window film, carbon film, dyed window film, and hybrid tint film.
- Ceramic tint offers the best result out of all window tints. It contains tiny nano-ceramic particles that are invisible to the naked eye but are strong enough to block 99% of the sun’s damaging Ultraviolet rays. Considered the overall best window tint.
- Metallised window tint is comprised of metallic particles, which reflect heat. It is scratch-resistant and shinier than other window tints. However, metallised window tint can interfere with mobile phones and radio transmissions.
- Carbon tint comes with a matte black finish and does not contain metal properties. It blocks infrared light from entering the car and helps keep your car cooler, meaning you can save on air conditioning costs.
- Dyed window film is a window tint that has been coated with dyes to create darkness or colour. Dyed window tints come in all colours but are mostly black, grey, blue or purple.
- The hybrid tint film is made using both metallised tints and dyed tints. It looks opaque from the outside and is cheaper than metallised window tint.
Purchase window tints today
As a fully insured and approved installer, catering to the needs of vehicle owners of Greater Manchester and beyond, we are proud to let you know that we offer services for the following:
Featuring the brands, Pandora, ScorpionTrak, Meta Trak & SmarTrack, we’ve included affordable, and premium products to suit the needs of our customers. With finance options available, and the option of installation, head to our website to get your quote!
We always will go above expectations to make your car feel special to you. With even more services and options becoming available in the future, Car Specialist Customs is the home of making any car unique, secure and special.
See what we can do for you today, we hope our starlight service has helped you decide to take a step forward in personalising your vehicle with our unique service.
We hope to have answered the question ‘How much does window tinting cost?’ whilst also providing supplementary information that can help you make an informed choice when it comes to investing in customisation options for your vehicle.
Want to get in touch? You can find us right here:
Monday – Wednesday – 10 AM – 7 PM
Thursday – Closed
Friday – Sunday – 11 AM – 7 PM
07523 971347 (Mon – Fri: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm)