As a trusted supplier of vehicle security solutions, we at Car Specialist Customs are often asked about which is the best anti-theft device for cars. Well, if you want to keep your vehicle safe from criminals, then we would strongly recommend a Ghost Immobiliser. This is a tiny, yet powerful device, which offers protection against car theft, like nothing else on the market.
But how much does it cost to fit a Ghost Immobiliser? Keep reading to find out more.
What is a Ghost Immobiliser?
A Ghost Immobiliser is one of the best anti-theft devices available on the market. It is a unique solution to keeping your vehicle safe and secure, from even the most professional of thieves.
The device is a highly advanced piece of technology that protects your car from keyless entry, key cloning, hacking and key theft.
How does a Ghost Immobiliser work? Well, after getting it installed in your vehicle, it completely immobilises your vehicle, thus restricting unauthorised access. In other words, the device prevents your car engine from starting, unless a unique PIN code or sequence is entered, alongside your key fob.
Only the vehicle owner and the installer of the Ghost Immobiliser will know what the unique PIN code or sequence is. A thief will never be able to guess what the correct combination is, even if they have your car keys with them. Hence, this prevents thieves from physically driving your car away.
A discreet, weatherproof device, the Ghost Immobiliser is low-maintenance and incredibly hard to detect. Criminals cannot use diagnostic machines or tools to detect the Ghost Immobiliser, as the device operates silently and does not transmit any radio frequency signals.
How much does it cost to fit a Ghost Immobiliser?
Here at Car Specialist Customs, we offer full fitting of the Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser 2 and a detailed demonstration of how it works. We will answer any questions you may have.
How much does it cost to fit a Ghost Immobiliser?
If you come to us, we can supply and fit a Ghost Immobiliser in your vehicle from £500. As you can see, it’s a lot more affordable than other types of car alarms and it actually being able to stop people from driving away with your car.
Click here to learn more about Ghost Immobilisers and get a quote from Car Specialist Customs today.
Is a Ghost Immobiliser worth it?
We are of the firm conviction that a Ghost Immobiliser is a necessary piece of equipment for your vehicle, as it works wonders to protect your prized possession from being hacked into and stolen by criminals.
Car theft is shockingly high in Greater Manchester. The city of Manchester has one of the highest rates of car crime, with 3 out of every 10 vehicles subjected to some form of attack.
These days, criminals are increasingly using advanced technology to hack into cars and drive them away, without even using a physical key fob. This sinister method is called relay theft, where thieves pick up the transmission of your original car keys and replicate it to gain access to your car. This enables the thieves to drive off with your car in as little as 60 seconds.
Hence, investing in a Ghost Immobiliser will elevate your vehicle security to new heights. Because the device is invisible, you have the added benefit of stealth, which can prevent anyone from trying to tamper with it, and the device only takes seconds to use, yet can save you countless hours trying to recover your vehicle once it has been stolen.
Here are a few reasons why investing in a Ghost Immobiliser is a smart idea:
- Even if a thief breaks into your vehicle, with or without your car keys, the engine will not start without the unique PIN code.
- Cloned keys are nullified.
- A thief cannot bypass the device to start the vehicle.
- There is no trace of installation, meaning the aesthetics of your car in the interior and exterior will be unaffected.
- You can disarm the Ghost Immobiliser using a mobile app which is available on iOS and Android, which is a convenient, time-saving feature.
- The Ghost Immobiliser is also the perfect solution if you run a business that provides access to vehicles, but you don’t want someone to run off with a car on the weekend without your permission.
- If you have invested in personalising your vehicle, or you own a very expensive or rare vehicle, a Ghost Immobiliser is the best investment to keep your vehicle safe at all times- so you don’t lose the time and money you have invested into the vehicle.
Can a thief bypass a Ghost Immobiliser?
Nope, the Ghost Immobiliser cannot be bypassed by any methods employed by a professional thief.
A thief cannot:
- simply add a new key.
- replace an ECU to bypass the Ghost Immobiliser.
- listen for the tell-tale clicking of a traditional immobiliser relay.
- use sophisticated radio frequency scanning or code-grabbing technology to detect what security system your vehicle has.
Only entering the correct code will allow the vehicle to start.
The only way a thief could steal your car is by physically towing it away, and even then, they won’t be able to start the engine!
Does having a Ghost Immobiliser reduce the cost of car insurance?
In some cases, having a Ghost Immobiliser installed in your vehicle may result in lower insurance premiums.
Speak to your insurance provider and tell them that you have a Ghost Immobiliser installed. Find out what their company policy is, as you may be eligible for a discount on your insurance premiums.
Can I install a Ghost Immobiliser myself?
Yes, it is possible to install a Ghost Immobiliser yourself.
But we do not recommend fitting a Ghost Immobiliser yourself, especially if you have no experience in installing aftermarket security solutions.
The advantage of Ghost Immobilisers is that they can be installed in a hidden place within your vehicle, which means that potential thieves will have immense difficulty in finding the device.
Having your Ghost Immobiliser installed by us means that we are the only ones who know where it is located.
We are experienced installers of Ghost Immobilisers, so we will carry out a professional installation, without leaving any indication as to where it was installed. We also test the device after installation to make sure it is working well.
What if I forget my unique PIN code?
Not to worry- all you would have to do is enter another unique code to re-set your Ghost Immobiliser and get a new PIN code.
When you get your Ghost Immobiliser installed with us, we will show you what to do if you ever forget your original PIN code.
What happens if I decide to sell my car, after getting a Ghost Immobiliser installed?
The Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser 2 is fully transferable between one vehicle and another at any given time.
Read more content like this
- What Is a Ghost Immobiliser?
- Are Ghost Immobilisers Thatcham Approved and Certified?
- Ghost Immobiliser Reviews
- Pandora Alarm or Ghost Immobiliser?
- Does a Ghost Immobiliser Reduce Insurance?
- Can a Car Be Stolen With The Ghost Immobiliser?
- Can I Fit a Ghost Immobiliser Myself?
- Can Thieves Bypass Ghost Immobiliser?
- Can a Ghost Immobiliser Be Bypassed?
- How to Remove Ghost Immobiliser
- Does Ghost Immobiliser Void Warranty?
About Car Specialist Customs
Our mission is always to provide our customers with the best quality items at the most competitive rates. Our customers are extremely satisfied with our work and we are proud to say that we currently have a 5-star rating on Google.
To learn more about Car Specialist Customs, visit our website here.
Click here to browse our portfolio of our work, where you will find plenty of photos to show off our quality. Whatever you choose to do, we have no doubt that you will find what you are looking for with us.
If you would like more information about vehicle security, our services, or our products, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us.
We hope this article has answered the question ‘how much does it cost to fit a Ghost Immobiliser?’