Vehicle wraps provide a surprising amount of benefits for such a simple accessory, these benefits not only retain the aesthetics of your vehicle, but can also help you to completely change the look of your vehicle.
So with that in mind, exactly how long does a vehicle wrap last?
The UK automotive after market industry is thriving, ranking fourth in Europe and ninth in the world in terms of size, and turning over an annual £21.1 billion.
The sector supports 345,600 jobs and contributes £12.2 billion each year to the economy. And it is growing: the sector’s value is set to rise to £28 billion by 2022.
That’s why we at Car Specialist Customs are here to provide you with all the information you require to get the best car customisation possible, whilst being as informed as possible.
What does a vehicle wrap do?
- They provide a level of protection for the area of installation, the protection is from superficial scratches and UV damage.
- Vehicle wraps provide the ability to change the colour of your vehicle, or apply designs to your vehicle without the need of applying paint.
- A vehicle wrap can protect your vehicle from stains.
What kind of vehicle wraps can you get?
There are three styles of vehicle wraps, they are…
- Clear – Clear vehicle wraps are hardly noticeable, this is ideal if you are after the protection provided by vehicle wraps without changing the aesthetic of the vehicle.
- Colour wraps – A colour vehicle wraps can effectively change the colour or tone of your whole vehicle, or wherever the wrap is applied. Negating the need for using paint.
- Advertising / custom wraps – These wraps serve to display a design, which could either be an advertisement, or a custom design from the customer.
Can a leased car get a vehicle wrap?
In most cases, a lease provider should not have an issue with a vehicle wrap, but you should always check with your provider in advance before making a commitment. Leased vehicles are usually returned to the provider after the leasing period is over, so having the vehicle in the best possible shape is in your best interest.
Furthermore, vehicle wraps, are the only option that helps to retain the aesthetic quality of your vehicle.
The reason this modification option is treated with more leniency by lease providers is because vehicle wraps can be easily removed. If a vehicle wrap was permanent, then it would likely not be allowed.
How long does a vehicle wrap last?
In most cases, as long as the installation has been carried out correctly, a vehicle wrap has the potential to last around 7 years. However, you may start noticing changes of your wrap around the 5-year mark, this is dependent on how the vehicle was maintained and used during this period.
The defining factor of a long-lasting vehicle wrap is the level of care applied during the installation process. Following the correct installation process will result in a long-lasting vehicle wrap, whilst the opposite is true for a improper installation process.
Signs your vehicle wrap is getting old
- The texture of the wrap becomes hardened.
- The vehicle wrap begins to peel.
- You can see bubbles appearing within the wrap
- If you have colours or designs in your wrap, the colours are more faded.
- The wrap itself is not sticking to the vehicle with the same strength that it used to.
Can a vehicle wrap damage car paint?
As long as the vehicle wrap has been applied correctly, and is removed correctly, it will not cause damage to the paintwork. However, there can be certain circumstances in which the paint can be affected. This includes…
- Removing the vehicle wrap the wrong way can damage the paintwork.
- Certain chemicals, or contaminants from things you wouldn’t expect (like bird poo!) can adversely impact the vehicle wrap, damaging it and the paint beneath.
- Using low-quality vehicle wraps can also affect the paintwork.
- Stencilling is a part of applying the vehicle wrap, usually this is done with a sharp blade, if the applicator is inexperienced, they could accidentally scrape your vehicle with the blade during the application process.
- If your vehicle has a sub-par paint job, or if the paint beneath the wrap is already fading or influenced in any way, it could further damage your vehicle’s paint job upon removing the wrap.
- Vehicle wraps require specific products in order for a deep clean. Not being aware of the products being used to clean your vehicle can impact the paint job of the vehicle. Be sure to look out for ‘wrap friendly’ products.
- If your vehicle is already dented or misshapen before applying the vehicle wrap, there is a chance that it could alter the paint underneath the wrap. Besides this, wrapping a dented vehicle will likely result in air bubbles being trapped.
The easiest way to wrap a vehicle
Going through an established vehicle modifier is the best way to get your vehicle wrapped. This is because their experience, along with the equipment they have on hand, leads to less room for any error.
So when we wrap your vehicle, we make sure to…
- Discuss what kind of wrap you want, and where you would like it.
- Measure the vehicle / relevant areas where the wrap will be applied.
- Clean the vehicle / relevant areas before applying
- Begin our process of application to your vehicle
- Inform you of any maintenance / dos and don’ts when it comes to the longevity of the wrap.
What is the price for a vehicle wrap?
The cost of our vehicle wraps are subject to the size of your vehicle, the style of wrapping you want, in addition to any specific areas you may want to wrap. (If it isn’t around the whole body of the vehicle).
Purchase a vehicle wrap today
Our team members at Car Specialist Customs are extremely passionate and proud of the multiple services and products we provide for the people of Greater Manchester and beyond.
As a fully insured and approved installer, catering to the needs of vehicle owners of Greater Manchester and beyond, we are proud to let you know that we offer services for the following:
– Window tints
– Light tints
– Chameleon tints
– Vehicle Wrapping
– Vehicle trackers
– Ghost immobiliser
– Pandora alarms
Featuring the brands, Pandora, ScorpionTrak, Meta Trak & SmarTrack, we’ve included affordable, and premium products to suit the needs of our customers. With finance options available, and the option of installation, head to our website to get your quote!
We will always go above expectations to make your car feel special to you. With even more services and options becoming available in the future, Car Specialist Customs is the home of making any car unique, secure and special.
See what we can do for you today, we hope the details we shared have helped you decide to take a step forward in personalising your vehicle with our unique service.
We hope to have answered the question ‘How long does a vehicle wrap last?’ whilst also providing supplementary information that can help you make an informed choice when it comes to investing in customisation options for your vehicle.
Want to get in touch? You can find us right here:
Monday to Wednesday – 10 AM—7 PM
Thursday – Closed
Friday to Sunday – 11 AM—7 PM
07523 971347 (Mon – Fri: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm)