As contactless theft becomes an ever-growing threat to car safety, it’s understandable that many are looking into aftermarket security solutions, but you may be wondering ‘how can I choose a car alarm?
The keyless entry has become a common feature that criminals capitalise on, by finding ways to ‘hack’ the mechanism and break into your car in as little as 20-30 seconds.
Keyless car crime is a seriously frightening trend. In the UK, on average, a car is stolen every 10 minutes. Criminals are using an advanced technique called relay attack, to hack into cars and drive them away. Here, professional thieves work together to copy the signals of a victim’s car keys, disable the car’s telematics, and then manipulate the car into starting.
So how do I choose a car alarm?
After-market car alarms are best chosen in accordance to your needs, your vehicle, and your budget. These after-market security systems are ideal for anybody who depends on their vehicle for work, or if you own vehicles for business purposes such as leasing.
There are different types of security systems we offer. for example, you can have a simple vehicle tracker, or a system that does not allow your engine to start unless you input a certain combination of buttons in a specific order, or activate it through your phone.
We would recommend the latter option especially if your vehicle has keyless entry, this way, if the unfortunate event of your car being broken into happens, the thief will not be able to physically move your car, which will hopefully lead to them getting apprehended.
Depending on your choice, we have after-market security systems that have a full comprehensive supply of information for your peace of mind, examples include systems that have sensors which alert your phone if the system detects anything that can be considered suspicious.
We at Car Specialist Customs provides security in the form of
Featuring the brands, Pandora, ScorpionTrak, Meta Trak & SmarTrack, we’ve included the affordable, and premium products to suit the needs of our customers. With finance options available, and the option of installation, head to our website to get your quote!
Below, we’re going to share some details on the two most popular services we offer, so you know exactly who to visit when you need specialist customisation.
The Pandora Alarm
The Pandora Alarm is an installable security system that protects your vehicle from wheel jacking, towing, hijacking and tampering. This is achieved by using not one but two immobilizers, which are electronic devices that stop the car’s engine from starting without the correct key or fob.
Depending on the model of the Pandora Alarm you choose, you can expect varying features such as:
- Indoor motion sensors
- Tilt sensors.
- Anti-Hijack, which shuts the car engine off safely if the driver retains their Pandora BlueTooth tag in a situation where the car is hijacked from the driver.
Pandora Alarms also have smart-device compatibility via the Pandora app, giving you full control of your system and an instant update of the current status of your car when you can’t physically see it, like if you parked on a street unfamiliar to you, or are far away from your vehicle, or even when you’re in bed.
Additional features of the Pandora Alarm
- Extra-strength immobilsation: The extra immobiliser with the Pandora alarm means an additional layer of security, which means thieves will be even more deterred from attempting to steal your vehicle.
- Next-gen encryption: Everything in the Pandora alarm uses 128bit encryption. This prevents code-grabbing or relay boosting, ensuring another comprehensive layer of security agains thieves.
- Phone notification: With the ability to customise notifications, you can be notified via call, text, or app alerts as soon as the system detected an incongruency in it’s environment.
- Control from afar: Through the app, you are able to start your car remotely, arm or disarm the alarm system and control your vehicle regardless of where you are. Presenting the future of premium security.
- Next generation smart sensors: The Pandora alarm systems come with dual shock, tilt, motion and internal sensors, which will protect your vehicle from wheel jacking, towing and general tampering. Using special algorithms with customisable sensitivity creates a unique sensor which can be adjusted to your needs, meaning your alarm won’t go off over the slightest of movements.
Whether you want your Pandora Alarm system installed by us, or if you want to buy one and install it yourself, we have you covered. To make an investment in the next generation of vehicle preservation, whilst securing your vehicle click here to get your quote, or click here to browse our stock of Pandora Alarm systems.
The Ghost Immobiliser
We at Car Specialist Customs understand the importance of security and offer a variety of options when it comes to the security of your car. A popular and discreet option is the Ghost Immobiliser.
The Ghost Immobiliser works by preventing your engine to start unless certain buttons within your car are pressed in a specific sequence, this can be from the steering wheel, the door panel or the central console. Think of it like a password to get your car started. Even if the car keys are in the ignition, the startup will not engage unless the sequence is pressed.
Because the device is installed in such a way that it can not be seen, you have the added benefit of stealth, which can prevent anyone from trying to tamper with it. The device only takes seconds to use, yet can save you countless hours of looking for your vehicle if it is ever stolen.
Additional features of the Ghost Immobiliser:
- Undetectable by thieves using diagnostics: The Ghost Immobiliser has no circuit cuts, meaning it cannot be detected by modern methods employed by a thief.
- No radio frequencies: Thieves cannot use sophisticated RF scanning, code grabbing technology to detect what security device your vehicle has when it does not transmit any signals like conventional security systems.
- No more key cloning: Due to the personalised PIN you can create with the Ghost Immobiliser, if thieves have cloned keys to your vehicle, it will be impossible for them to start it because they won’t know your PIN code.
- Tested for each vehicle: Due to the nature of the data bus communication the Ghost Immobiliser has been adapted and tested for every vehicle we list as compatible, click this link to see our list of compatible vehicles.
- PIN Reset: On the occasion your pin is forgotten, your car is sold, or a button in your PIN sequence is broken, there is a secure, reset code for each individual immobilser. There is also an option to change your pin, whenever you feel like it.
- The App: To make security even easier, there is an app for the immobiliser available for your iOS & Android mobile device, allowing you to just get in and drive away. Minimising the need to enter your PIN if you are running late etc. All you need to do is enable this phone-tag and as soon as your smartphone is near. your car you will be able to drive, even if your smartphone your pocket.
The team here at Car Specalist Customs are qualified and experienced at installing a Ghost immobilser for your vehicle. Head to our website for your quote to make your car secure with the Ghost immobiliser.
Car Specalist Customs – Contact us
Every single one of our team members at Car Specalist Customs is extremely passionate and proud of the multiple services and products we provide for the people of Greater Manchester and beyond.
We always will go above expectation to make your car feel special to you. With even more services and options becoming available in the future, Car Specialist Customs is the home of making any car unique, secure and special. Don’t delay! We hope to have helped you answer the question ‘how do I choose a car alarm’ See what we can do for you today, head over to our website for a free, non obligation quote!
Want to get in touch? You can find us here:
Monday – Wednesday – 10AM – 7PM
Thursday – Closed
Friday – Sunday – 11AM – 7PM
07523 971347 (Mon – Fri: 8:30am – 6:00pm)