As contactless theft becomes an ever-growing threat to car safety, it’s understandable that many are looking into aftermarket security solutions, one of which is the Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser.
In this blog, we will be answering the question “Can thieves bypass ghost immobiliser?”
Keyless car crime is a seriously frightening trend. In the UK, on average, a car is stolen every 10 minutes. Criminals are using an advanced technique called relay attack, to hack into cars and drive them away. Here, professional thieves work together to copy the signals of a victim’s car keys, disable the car’s telematics, and then manipulate the car into starting.
What is a ghost immobiliser?
Ghost immobilisers are used to add another layer of protection to your vehicles and make it harder for them to be stolen or otherwise entered. It serves to protect keys, combat key cloning, hacking or keyless entry and essentially stop thieves from getting your vehicle.
We found that no matter where you live or park your vehicle, it can be prone to thieves – that’s why ghost immobilisers can be so important in this modern age. With more and more people putting emphasis on their cars, it’s only natural for some to choose to improve their security at the same time with the use of a ghost immobiliser.
How does it work?
They work by preventing your engine from working unless an additional, unique pin number or code sequence is entered alongside your key fob.
With more and more people putting emphasis on their cars, it’s only natural for some to choose to improve their security at the same time with the use of a ghost immobiliser.
The device is also low-maintenance and incredibly hard to detect. It has a connection to the CAN (Controller Area Network) and operates through the ECU (Engine Control Unit), and can be installed in a hidden location, works silently, has no radio signals and is unrecognisable to the untrained eye.
For added security, only the ghost immobiliser fitters themselves are aware of the location of the device, and the car owner, at their own discretion.
Whilst a wheel lock can be cut off, and a car’s wires can be jumped, or a universal key can be applied, a ghost immobiliser cannot be found or detected in time to make a speedy getaway.
One of its added benefits is that, if you choose to be, you can be the only person who knows where it is located, and that it even exists. Because of this, thieves can be left wondering why your vehicle will not start, which can lead to them assuming that it is broken and leaving it be.
Can I fit a ghost immobiliser myself?
Ghost Immobilisers can be fit by yourself, however, we at Car Specialist Customs do not recommend this for people who have no experience in installing aftermarket security solutions.
Ghost Immobilisers benefit by having their systems hidden within your car, this means that potential thieves will have immense difficulty in finding & deactivating the immobiliser. Having your ghost immobilisers installed by us means that only we know where it will be (if you choose not to know).
We are professional and experienced installers of Ghost Immobilisers, we leave no indication as to where it was installed, whilst also testing it after installation to make sure it is working as it should be.
Can thieves bypass ghost immobiliser?
No. They work by preventing your engine from working unless an additional, unique pin number or code sequence is entered alongside your key fob. This helps to prevent thieves from driving away with your vehicle, which may encourage them to leave it alone altogether.
Your chosen pin code can be entered by pressing a pattern of existing electronic buttons on your steering wheel, in an app, on the door panel or on the central console. Because the device is invisible, you have the added benefit of stealth, which can prevent anyone from trying to tamper with it, and the device only takes seconds to use.
One of the most attractive features of the Ghost 2 Immobiliser is the fact that it can be fitted without any marks to the internal body of the vehicle. This means that it leaves no lasting damage to your car, which can be highly attractive for those who plan on reselling or developing their existing model.
Because the device is invisible, you have the added benefit of stealth, which can prevent anyone from trying to tamper with it, and the device only takes seconds to use, yet can save you countless hours trying to recover your vehicle once it has been stolen.
Why can’t a thief steal a vehicle with a ghost immobiliser?
A car fitted with a ghost immobiliser can not be stolen. Even if a thief makes their way inside your car with they key, without the sequence pin they will not be able to start the car. This will deter them even further.
- Adds a full prof extra layer of security
- Can not be detected, its location is only known to installers (and the owner if they choose to)
- Creates ease of access for the user whilst making it impossible for thieves to steal
- Helps protect a vehicle you have invested a lot of money and time into
- Cloned keys are nullified
- Even if a thief gets into the car, the engine will not start without the required code etc
- There is no trace of instillation, meaning the aesthetics of your car in the interior and exterior will be unaffected.
- Ability to change your pin as much as you like
- If you have invested in personalising your vehicle, or own a very expensive or rare vehicle, this is the best investment to make to keep your vehicle safe at all times, so you don’t lose the time and money you invested into the vehicle.
Other vehicle security solutions
The Pandora Alarm is a security system that protects your vehicle from wheel jacking, towing, hijacking and tampering. This is achieved by using not one but two immobilizers, which are electronic devices that stop the car’s engine from starting without the correct key or fob.
Pandora Alarms also have smart-device compatibility via the Pandora app, giving you full control of your system and an instant update of the current status of your car when you can’t physically see it, like if you parked on a street unfamiliar to you, or are far away from your vehicle, or even when you’re in bed.
Additional features of the Pandora Alarm
- Extra-strength immobilsation: The extra immobiliser with the Pandora alarm means an additional layer of security, which means thieves will be even more deterred from attempting to steal your vehicle.
- Next-gen encryption: Everything in the Pandora alarm uses 128bit encryption. This prevents code-grabbing or relay boosting, ensuring another comprehensive layer of security agains thieves.
- Phone notification: With the ability to customise notifications, you can be notified via call, text, or app alerts as soon as the system detected an incongruency in it’s environment.
- Control from afar: Through the app, you are able to start your car remotely, arm or disarm the alarm system and control your vehicle regardless of where you are. Presenting the future of premium security.
- Next generation smart sensors: The Pandora alarm systems come with dual shock, tilt, motion and internal sensors, which will protect your vehicle from wheel jacking, towing and general tampering. Using special algorithms with customisable sensitivity creates a unique sensor which can be adjusted to your needs, meaning your alarm won’t go off over the slightest of movements.
Whether you want your Pandora Alarm system instaaled by us, or if you want to buy one and install it yourself, we have you covered. To make an investment in the next generation of vehicle preservation, whilst securing your vehicle click here to get your quote, or click here to browse our stock of Pandora Alarm systems.
Order your Ghost Immobiliser today
If you’d like more information about our services and products, or clarity on how we can help you, don’t hesitate to get in contact with us. Our specialist team provide around-the-clock quality care and services to help you find the product or service that fits your needs.
To reach us and get more information today, you can contact Car Specialist Customs at 07523 971347 or use our email at firstname.lastname@example.org for the quickest responses and swift support from members of our team.
Alternatively, if you prefer to browse independently, you can find a portfolio of our work here with plenty of photos to show off our quality. Whatever you choose to do, we have no doubt that you’ll find what you’re looking for with us.
We at Car Specialist Customs hope this has been an insightful and helpful resource for you, answering questions you may have had like “Can thieves bypass Ghost Immobiliser?” and our services along with the top-quality products that we offer.
We also have a blog page with multiple articles addressing the questions you may be looking for. Have a read by clicking here.